Butternut Squash Chickpea Stew with Couscous
A hearty and filling butternut squash chickpea stew served with warm cilantro couscous. This is a perfect lunch or dinner recipe for any day or even for any special occasion.
Blogging Marathon#77Week2 / Day1
Theme-Easy 4th July Recipes
Dish– Chickpea Squash Stew with Couscous
Source–Bowl of Delicious
A hearty and filling stew made with chickpea and butternut nut squash paired well with couscous. It would make a perfect meal for July 4th Day.
- 1 can chickpeas , drained or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups butternut squash , cut into cubes
- 1 onion , chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups veg broth or water
- 2 tablespoon cilantro leaves , chopped
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves , chopped
- 2 1/2 cups hot water
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and onions. Saute for a minute or until onions are lightly golden.
- Add in tomato puree, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and paprika and stir for a minute. Add the butternut squash and broth or water.
- Cook covered for 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Now add in the chickpeas and simmer the stew for few minutes or until you get desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and add cilantro leaves.
- In a mixing bowl add the couscous and hot water over it. Stir in olive oil, salt, lemon juice and cilantro leaves.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes. Toss the couscous with a fork.
- Serve warm chickpea squash stew with couscous.
You may also use dry chickpeas and cook them before using in the recipe.