Coconut Semolina Barfi
Coconut semolina barfi is a delicious melt in mouth kind fudge made with fine semolina and desiccated coconut that will surely take your taste buds to a different level.
This week I am going to make other’s Day Sweet recipes as it is around the corner in India. We already had celebrated Mother’s day here in March and when I called my mom and mom in law to wish they were really amazed and surprised. Then I had to explain to them that it is celebrated in different months around the world.
My mom is still in recovery and we all are really thankful to God that the worst has passed. For few months we were all worried sick and praying to God for her good beings. That was the time I missed her the most and it really freaked me out the thought of losing her. I guess that was the time which realised us the importance of her being in our life.
My younger brother who would have never listened and always being careless became the most responsible son to, my mother. He is even started cooking healthy alkaline diet for her. Anyways that being said, the barfis came out super soft and delicious and it really would make a wonderful mother’s day treat to surprise your mums.
Blogging Marathon#76Week1 / Day 1
Theme-Mother’s Day Sweets
Dish– Coconut Semolina Barfi
- 1 cup semolina , fine
- 2 cups coconut , desiccated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a drop rose water
- Grease a square baking tray or round steel plate with ghee.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add semolina. Roast the semolina until slightly golden and fragrant.
- Once semolina is done remove it in a pan and add desiccated coconut into the same pan. Dry roast for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Into the same pan add sugar and water and boil it for 5-7 minutes or until it starts thickening.
- Add cardamom powder and rose water into the sugar syrup, stir and add semolina and coconut.
- Cook for few minutes until the mixture starts thickening and forms a solid mass.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased tray. Let it set and cool for about an hour.
- Cut desired shape pieces and store in airtight containers.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can also add crushed dried fruits to make it more delicious.