Avocado toast is a healthy, creamy and delicious avocado toast that can be prepared in few minutes whenever those sudden hunger pangs arrive. It is totally perfect to serve as breakfast, lunch or dinner as well.
This week I am doing toast for dinner theme and my first toast is this super simple avocado toast. We love this easy and delicious toast any time of the day and when I am in no mood to cook elaborate we just have this toast with some juice or tea and our dinner is served.
The only problem is that Mr Husband does not prefer toast or anything else for dinner. He always demands the perfect dinner with any dal, dry curry, rice and chapati. So even if I am making this toast for girls and me I would have to cook something different for him. He won’t mind having the toast for breakfast but never ever for lunch or dinner. That’s why I prefer making these simple kind of dinner recipes when I have some leftover curries or so.
Blogging Marathon#76Week3 / Day1
Theme-Got a toast ready for Dinner
Dish– Avocado Toast
- 8 brown sandwich bread slices
- 2 avocados
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- & pinch red chilli flakes
- juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Toast the bread slices using olive oil in a toaster or in a pan on stove top until slightly golden and crispy.
- Remove and set aside.
- Take out the creamy avocado pulp and transfer it to a pestle and mortar.
- Add lemon juice and mash it until buttery creamed. Season with salt, pepper and chilly flakes.
- Apply generous layers of creamy avocado on the toast slices.
- Serve immediately.
Add some chopped vegetables to zing up the toast sandwich.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#76