Mustard and Leek Quiche
Mustard and Leek Quiche filled with creamy tofu and seasonings make it a filling and delicious treat to serve as a meal or snack. Quiche is a traditional French savoury open faced pastry stuffed with eggs and vegetables. Apart from being popular in French cuisine, it is usually served in most countries as a party food.
As we are still having Easter break so this weekend we a group of Indians went to a beach for a picnic. The idea was to have picnic o beach and everyone would bring some snacks or party food to share. That’s how I made my letter M dish early in the morning for the picnic.
When I sliced the quiche it was still hot and that’s why I couldn’t take out a nice slice for the clicks. Along with quiche, I made Anzac cookies and aloo kurkure as a finger food snack. It was a fun filled day ad we all had a great time at the beach. However as expected the day wasn’t sunny and it was really cold but still, we enjoyed eatiNg, chatting and spending time together.
Blogging Marathon#75 Week 2/Day 13
Sub Theme– Savory Bakes
Dish– Mustard Quiche
Source– Delicious Magazine
Super filling and very delicious quiche with lots of vegetables and mustard.
- 1 ready-made short crust pastry thawed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 cup leek chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon dill leaves chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup tofu firm
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tablespoon rice powder
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Unroll the pie crust and place it onto a floured work surface.
- Roll the short crust about the size of the tart pan.Prick the pie crust with a fork.
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and onions. Saute for a minute.
- Stir in carrots, leek, scallions, spinach leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in dijon mustard, salt, pepper and dill leaves. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a blender pulse tofu, with rice powder and milk.
- Add this tofu mixture into the prepared veggies. Mix until combined.
- Pour this into the prepared pie crust. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Slice and serve.
You may use a variety of vegetables in the quiche.