Mango Sago is a creamy and tasty mango and sago aka tapioca pearls pudding is a very delicious sweet treat to enjoy with or after meals.
Mango sago was on my to-do list since forever and I couldn’t be tried it because whenever there is a mango in my kitchen it would be gone soon. Mango is everyone’s favourite in my house and sometimes if there is no curry or something I would eat a roti/flatbread with mango. I think now you can understand how much I like mangoes.
So this time when I was looking for a recipe for CCChallenge I picked mango sago. Every time my daughter open the refrigerator and she was like can I eat this mango and I was like no, don’t touch that. I have to make something with it. Finally, I made mango sago and guess what, they loved it.
A creamy and tasty mango and sago aka tapioca pearls pudding is a very delicious sweet treat to enjoy with or after meals.
- 1/2 cup sago pearls /Sabudana
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 ripe mango cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoon sugar or as per taste
- Few saffron strands
- 1/4 cup mango cut into small cubes
- Wash and soak sago pearls in enough water overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- Wash them again till all the starch removed and you can see transparent water.
- Cook sago pearls in 2 cup water, stirring continuously to avoid sticking in the pan.
- Once cooked you can see the transparent colour of the pearls.Wash them in running water in a colander or sieve.
- Keep the sago pearl aside to cool completely.
- Soak saffron strands in 2 tablespoons of warm milk and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make a thick shake of mango with milk and sugar.
- Now add saffron milk and mango shake in cooled sago pearls.
Serve chilled garnished with chopped mangoes. Enjoy!!
Sending this recipe to CCC#17 Feb/Week 1