Suzi Halwa | Semolina Pudding
A rich and tasty semolina dessert made during festivals.
- 1 1/2 cups semolina/suzi/rava
- 1/2 cup sugar or as per taste
- 4 cups water
- 2 green cardamom, crushed
- 1 tablespoon nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut, desiccated
- 1 cup clarified butter
- Heat clarified butter in a wide, open mouthed work. Add semolina and keeping the heat low, roast it for 10-15 minutes till its colour changes from white to light brown.
- Add chopped nuts and stir for 1 minute. Remember to keep low heat.
In another pan add 4 cups water and crushed cardamoms, boil it and add sugar, as the sugar melts turn off the stove.
- Add this hot water to the roasted semolina, you can hear a splash and bubbling, just be careful.
- Cook it till water absorbs in the semolina and ghee comes out from the edges.
- Add desiccated coconut over the top. Serve hot with Chana and Poori.
You may use oil instead of ghee.