These are flaky, crispy flour puff bread served hot with potato curry or mint chutney. Khasta Kachoris can be stored for two days and taste awesome when eaten next day with refrying. Yesterday I made the potato curry and so today I made these tasty Kachoris to accomplish them.
A crispy and super flaky fried snack that taste very delicious with a bowl of potato curry.
- 2 cup all purpose flour,
- 1/4 cup oil
- water as required
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup split black gram/dhuli urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel powder, roughly grind1/2 teaspoon cumin powder(roughly grind)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, roughly grind1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated1 teaspoon green
- 1 teaspoon green chilly, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- oil for frying
- Take all the ingredients for dough in a bowl. Knead a smooth dough using the appropriate amount of water. Cover it with a muslin cloth and set aside for 1 hour.
- Wash and soak urad dal in 2 cup water for 6-8 hours. Drain and grind to make a granulated paste (Not too thin or thick).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add Asafetida, cumin and fennel seeds powder. Stir for 1/2 minute.
- Add grated ginger, chopped chillies and all spices and salt .mix well.
- Now add dal paste and stir continuously to avoid burning. Keep on low flame and cook for 5-7 minutes till mixture thickens. Remove from heat, cool it.
- Make 10 -12 small balls from the dough . Take on ball spread it a little (to the size of. Fill a teaspoon of dal stuffing in it. Cover from edges and roll it again to desired size.(you can do it with hand or on rolling board). Likewise, fill all Kachoris.
- Heat oil in a skillet/wok, transfer the Kachoris in it (2-3 at a time) and fry on low to medium heat from both sides till golden in colour. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve hot with Hing Aloo Sabzi, mint chutney or Ketchup.
- If you like this you may also like Poori Aloo and Choley Bhature.
For best flaky effect, fry them again in hot oil (First in low and then high heat) just before serving. To make them puffy, turn them quickly in oil while frying. Oil should be hot or else they may absorb oil. If you find any crack on Kachoris, cover it with dough. The dough should be soft to get nice Kachoris.