Christmas Chocolate Fruit Cake
Chocolate fruit cake is a variation of the classic fruit cake made with fresh clementine juices, chocolate and dried fruits and nuts.
The recipe of chocolate fruit cake is from cookbook Nigella Christmas which I baked for the Christmas day. I already have Christmas Fruit Cake, Fruit Cake with Marzipan Stars, Fruit and Nut Cake and Wine Cake. So this Christmas I tried looking for a variation of the classic fruitcakes and that’s when I found this amazing recipe in the cookbook.
Th fresh juice and zest of clementines, when combined with all those dried fruits and nuts along with chocolate, was just amazing. It tasted superb dusted with icing sugar but if you are looking for edible Christmas gifts do decorate it with fancy Christmassy decorations.
Bakethon– Day 11
Dish-Chocolate Fruit Cake
A variation of the classic fruit cake made with fresh clementine juices, chocolate and dried fruits and nuts.
- 1 cup clementine juice
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon clementine zest
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ raisins
- 1 tablespoon candied peels
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ baking powder
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 6 assorted cupcake liners on the baking tray.
- In a saucepan add orange juice, cocoa powder, clementine zest, currants, raisins, honey, allspice and sugar.
- Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Into this juice mixture sift flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in almond meal and yoghurt.
- Divide the mixture into prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake in preheated the oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or decorate with Sparkly Christmas edible decorations.
- Serve and enjoy.
You may bake the cake in an 8" round cake tin for about 50 minutes.
The cake can be stored at room temperature for a week and in the freezer for about a month.
Serve and enjoy!!
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2017