Grilled Corn Salad
Grilled corn salad with lots juicy vegetables in tangy lemon and spices. A very healthy and delicious salad to enjoy in summers while grilling the best and the most.
This week it’s grilling the vegetables. I mean I am going to post vegetables grilling recipes for blogging marathon. Summers means more and more grilling and what could be better than steaming hot grilled corn. I used to eat the corn or as we say in our local language “Bhutta” from local street vendors in summer months. They would roast the corn on coal flames and then rub them with lemon juice and black salt and that was heavenly for us.
So imagine when the roasted or grilled corn combines without bursting flavours of juicy vegetables and seasoning. Sounds amazing, right? Well then go ahead and make yourself a bowl of this exotic salad and have fun in summers.
Blogging Marathon#76Week2 / Day1
Dish– Grilled Corn Salad
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion , chopped
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 4 scallion greens , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper , chopped
- 1/4 cup radish , chopped
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves , chopped
- salt to taste
- freshly crushed pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Rub corn on the cob with olive oil and grill on until golden and soft turning side occasionally.
- Remove from grill and scrape out the corn kernels with a knife.
- In a mixing bowl add the first seven ingredients. Squeeze the juice of a lemon and add seasonings.
- Toss well and serve in individual plates or bowls.
- Serve and enjoy.
You may also use corn kernels and grill them separately before adding it to the salad.