Cheese Tomato & Black Bean Toast
How about some cheese tomato toast paired with some black bean toast with crispy tortilla chips? Sounds like a filling and delicious combination. I bet it is.
For the last day of posting toast recipes, I made these two yummy toast for a wonderful and filling dinner meal. I was only going to make the bean toast but the girls weren’t as excited as we were to have those toast for dinner. They were looking for something cheesy ad tasty ad that’s how the cheese toast was made.
In fact, we all loved the combination of two type of toast and paired both of them with a tall glass of fruit and vegetable juice. I think it is all right to have toast or something different for dinner rather than usual meals. We all deserve some break from the regular food, right?
Blogging Marathon#76Week3 / Day3
Theme-Got a toast ready for Dinner
Dish– Cheese Tomato & Black Bean Toast
- 8 bread slices , brown or white
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tomatoes , sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil , dried
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly flakes
- 1 cup dry black beans
- 1 red onion , chopped
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper , chopped
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoon ginger , grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash and soak black beans in enough water for 2-3 hours.
- In a heavy bottom pan or pressure cooker add black beans with 4 cups of water.
- Stir in onion, tomato, bell pepper, garlic and ginger. Mix and adds salt, pepper, cumin and curry powder.
- Cook for about 2-3 hours on simmer if using the pan or for 4 whistles if using a pressure cooker.
- Open the lid and cook until beans are mushy and all the water is absorbed.
- If you want to store for later use, place it in zipping lock and freeze to use later.
- Preheat oven to 180 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Apply a generous layer of black beans on 4 bread slices. Drizzle olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until bread is toasted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle some crushed tortilla chips.
- Apply cheese on remaining four bread slices. Spread tomato slices.
- Sprinkle some basil and red chilly flakes. Arrange on baking tray ad bake for 1O minutes or until cheese is just melted.
- Slice and serve.
Make the beans filling a day ahead and store in the refrigerator.
It can also be stored in the freezer for up to two weeks.