Broccoli Masala Toast
Broccoli Potato Masala stuffed in the crispy and spicy toast, what else do we need to enjoy on busy weekdays or lazy weekends for dinner. These toast are tasty, healthy and filling too and I bet you won’t stop eating few.
Our family favourite toast is the regular potato peas masala toast but recently I started adding broccoli instead of peas and the girls are eating their veggie portion without even complaining. They do not like broccoli in any form so this way I am sneaking the healthy broccoli in our regular toast and now they are eating these toast all the time without complaining.
Blogging Marathon#76Week3 / Day2
Theme-Got a toast ready for Dinner
Dish– Broccoli Masala Toast
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 4 medium potatoes , boiled and mashed
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 green chilli , chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger , grated
- a pinch asafetida
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves , chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cashew nuts , broke into pieces
- 8 sandwich bread slices
- oil or butter to smear
- Blanch the broccoli florets for two minutes in hot water. Remove ad set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, asafetida and ginger. Stir and add cashew nuts.
- Saute and add onions and green chilli. Add in all the spice powders add salt.
- Stir and add broccoli florets, and mashed potatoes.
- Mix well and cook for few minutes. Finally, add coriander leaves, stir ad set aside.
- Apply a generous amount of filling on a bread slice. Top it up with the second slice of bread.
Brush with butter or oil on both sides.
Heat up the sandwich toaster and place the filled bread. Cook as per manufactures instructions.
Remove from the toaster. Slice and serve with Mint Chutney.
You may use mixed vegetables instead of broccoli potato masala in the toasts.
These toasts ca be made on skillet also.
Serve and enjoy.