Pear Crazy Cupcakes
Pear crazy cupcakes are cupcakes made without egg, milk or butter and need no fuss. The crazy cake is also known as depression cake or war cake and was made during the great depression.
The idea of making eggless, butterless or less sugar is to make a cake when there is a scarcity of ingredients. I added some peaches into these cupcakes to make them go with my letter and also a little flavour as well.
The recipe from where I followed the cupcakes also have a crazy cake recipe in which there is n need of bowls as well. The cake is baked directly into the cake tin. How crazy is that, right?
Blogging Marathon#75 Week 3/Day 16
Sub Theme– Cupcakes and Muffins
Dish– Pear Crazy Cupcakes
Source– Sweet Little Blue Bird
Super simple and delicious pear cupcakes with the vanilla sugar icing.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pear chopped
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 drop green food colour optional
- In a mixing bowl add flour, salt and baking soda.
- Make three well in the centre and add vanilla, oil and water in each well alternatively.
- Stir to combine and gently fold in pears.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Mix all ingredients for icing in a bowl. Place a spoonful of icing on each cupcake.
- Let it set for few minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Use any other fruit of your choice at make the cupcakes more flavorful.