Lemon Bread | How to Make Quick Savory Lemon Bread
Lemon Bread a quick and easy savoury lemon bread with lots of olives and jalapenos. Quick bread is American style bread which is leavened without yeast or eggs and doesn’t require as much time as traditional bread needs.
I wanted the bread to be filled with lots of flavors so I added olives and jalapenos to make it more zesty and delicious. The bread was for a get-together at a friend’s house and that’s why I couldn’t take any pictures of the inside. But it was really amazing and full of exotic flavors and freshness of lemons.
Blogging Marathon#75 Week 2/Day 13
Sub Theme– Savory Bakes
Dish– Lemon Savory Bread
Savory lemon bread filled with lots of olives and jalapenos.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon rosemary chopped
- 1/4 cup olives chopped
- 2 tablespoon jalapeno pepper chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 °F and line a 8" loaf tin with parchment paper or grease with oil.
- In a mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and add buttermilk, olive oil and lemon zest.
- Whisk to combine. Stir in olives, jalapenos and rosemary.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap on counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cake cool in the pans.
- Serve and enjoy.
You may use less jalapenos if you don't prefer spicy food.