Bread Ice cream

We are in another exciting edition of blogging marathon . My theme for the first week is Ice creams all the way . When I told my daughter that I am gonna make three different ice creams in this week she was very excited and jumping with joy.Summers are at peak in Tallahassee and ice creams are perfect way to beat the summers.

For the first day I made my favorite and the most simple ice cream that I learned in my middle school home science class. This is one of the easiest milk ice cream but quite very refreshing and filling. Bhuvni and her friends from next door loved this ice cream .So let’s start the recipe.yum

Ingredients:
1 liter milk
1/2 cup sugar
4 bread slices
Cardamom ,crushed

Method:
In a saucepan boil milk .Simmer and let it boil until it is slightly thickened and half in volume.
Cut bread slices and add in the thickened milk.
Cool and pour in ice cream moulds.
Freeze for 4-5 hours or until finally set .
Remove from moulds and serve chilled.

Serve-4. Prep time -30 minutes

Enjoy!!

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53

Best regards,

Sapana Behl

20 comments on “Bread Ice cream”

1. Rajani S says:

This looks like a simple and tasty recipe, Sapana! I am sure kids will love this one

2. hey sapana…a completely new recipe for me…looks great

3. very nice idea..lip smacking goodness…

4. Sarita says:

Bread ice cream is new to me.. Looks very tempting ..nice recipe

5. Kalyani says:

Wow wow !! Never heard of this .. Almost like kulfi na.. Superb one sapana !

Hope you and your lil princesses are doing good 🙂

6. This one is new to me Sapna and i am trying to visualise the flavors , looks interesting!

7. Cathleen says:

This is so unique! I can't imagine what this would taste like!

8. would never have thought of using bread in ice cream…what a novel idea!

9. Adding bread slices is new to me. Must taste awesome.

10. Wow ! This sounds so very doable and yumm.

11. sushma says:

Awesome,never thought of making ice cream with break.

12. Wow! Love the ice cream with chunks of bread in it. Lovely recipe Sapana!

13. Srivalli says:

Sounds so new and interesting..will have to make this way sometime..

14. Pavani N says:

Such a simple and easy to make popsicles. Looks yummy!!

15. Very interesting recipe !! Looks good!!

16. Usha says:

Bread in ice-cream is new and looks delicious

17. This is such a cool recipe! Good one Sapana…

18. Bread icecream is very new to make. Looks delicious

19. Sowmya :) says:

Bread and ice-cream! What a smart combination! Have to try!

20. This is such an unique popsicle, Sapna. Sounds very interesting.