Baba Ganoush | How to make Baba Ganoush
A nutritious and delicious very creamy baba ganoush from roasted aubergines filled with fresh flavours and smokiness.
We are in the third week of BM#38 and my theme for the week is How to Cook Perfect food Series. Author Felicity Cloak on website reconstructed more than 100 recipes to make them perfect. I wanted to make some baked dishes from the website for three days.
As I am at my mom’s place and unfortunately there is no oven here so I decided to make non-baked recipes.
The first recipe in the series is Turkish Baba Ganoush, a smoky and delicious dip made of Aubergine.See the original recipe here.
- 2 large or 4 small Brinjal/aubergines
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tablespoon mint leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds optional, I didn't use
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the aubergines over a gas, until completion. Turn frequently with tongs. Let it cool.
- Slit and discard the skin, scoop out the white portion in a bowl. Put in a sieve and leave to drain for few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice into the tahini in a bowl. Add the garlic and two third of the chopped herbs.
- Season with salt to taste. Add more lemon juice if required.
- Mash the aubergines gently with a fork, and then stir into the tahini mixture.
- Top with the remaining herbs and the pomegranate seeds, if using. Pour olive oil over edges.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Chill the dip them in the refrigerator until use.