Paneer Butter Masala
A creamy paneer butter masala curry is just perfect to finish off with buttery naans.
A creamy and tasty paneer curry cooked with butter and tomato onion gravy.
- 250 g cottage cheese /paneer cut in cubes
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup milk
- 2 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 " ginger piece
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tomatoes medium sized
- 5-7 green chillies
- 1 cup milk cream+ 2 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 whole dried red chillies
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi
- 3 teaspoon deggi mirch powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- 4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon green chilly slits
- Prepare all the three paste separately in the blender and set aside.
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a wok. Add whole red chillies.
- Now add paste -2 and cook till it becomes brown in colour. It will take 10-12 minutes.
- To this add milk cream and paste -1. Stir it and then add deggi mirch powder. Add paste-3 and stir it.
- Add dried fenugreek leaves and all spices( except garam masala ) and salt, cook till oil comes out from edges.( 7-8 minutes)
- Now add 4 cups of water and let it boil on low heat till it starts thickening.
- Add cubes of cottage cheese and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, add garam masala, green chilly slits and 2 teaspoon milk cream.
Don't overcook the curry after adding cheese or else it will not taste yummy. Add chillies as per your tastes.